In this guide, we are going to reveal to you how to take a screenshot on iPad Pro.
Just like the iPhone X, one important feature is missing from Apple’s iPad Pro series, namely the home button. The Home button plays a vital role in the screenshot. I guess this will probably leave most new iPad Pro users a bit confused on how to take a screenshot with their favorite iPad Pro.
Fortunately, the iPad Pro series incorporates new methods of capturing screens, and that is the subject of this guide.
If you keep reading to the end, you will learn how to take a screenshot on all models of iPad Pro, as well as the iPhone X.
How to take a screenshot on iPad Pro with Face ID
One of the easiest ways to take screenshots on iPad Pro is to use Face ID.
- Launch the content you want to capture
- Briefly press and hold the sleep / wake button (top right) and the volume up button (top right).
- Then release both buttons at the same time.
- The familiar bright flash and shutter sound indicate you’ve successfully captured screen content.
- Then the screenshot image will appear as a thumbnail at the bottom left of your screen.
- Tap the thumbnail to edit your screenshot using the instant markup tool
- You can also view, edit and share your screenshot from the “Photos” app.
- Open the “Photos” application gallery to access the “Screenshot” album where all screenshots are stored.
How to take a screenshot on iPad Pro using an iPad stylus
The iPad OS introduces a new feature that lets you capture your screen using an Apple Pencil or stylus. Now is the time to put your Apple Pencil to good use.
Follow the steps below to use the Apple Pencil to take screenshots.
- Launch the screen you want to capture on your iPad Pro
- Drag your apple pencil from the lower left side of the screen to the center to take a screenshot
- View, edit, or share your screenshot displayed as a thumbnail at the bottom of the screen. Alternatively, you can drag it and view your screenshot in the “Photos” gallery at your convenience.
How to take a screenshot on iPad Pro using ‘AssistiveTouch’
With Apple’s AssistiveTouch, you don’t need to use the sleep and volume up buttons to capture your screen. However, you must enable this feature before you can use it.
Follow the steps below to activate AssistiveTouch on your iPad Pro:
- In your device settings, go to “General” >> “Accessibility”.
- On the “Accessibility page, tap” AssistiveTouch.
- Make sure the “AssistiveTouch” is activated.
Now apply these steps to take a screenshot with AssistiveTouch:
- Tap the AssistiveTouch icon on your screen
- Choose a device ”
- Press “More”
- Tap “Screenshot”
- Your device captures the screen with or without shutter sound
- Your screenshot is saved in the “Screenshot” album in the Photos app gallery.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone X
The iPhone X, similar to the iPad Pro, does not have a home button. However, there are other exciting ways to take screenshots on the brand new iPhone X.
Method 1: How to take a screenshot on iPhone X with the ‘AssistiveTouch’ icon
The use of the AssistiveTouch function requires that you activate it in the settings of your device.
- In your device settings, scroll to “General” >> “Accessibility”.
- On the ‘Accessibility page, press’ AssistiveTouch’ to activate the ‘AssistiveTouch’ function.
- Once AssistiveTouch is activated, a gray circle icon appears on the screen. You can move this icon by holding it and dragging it on the screen to any location.
- However, on the AssistiveTouch settings page, press the “Single tap” option.
- Scroll through the options and tap “Screenshot” to allow you to take a screenshot by tapping the AssistiveTouch icon once
You can now apply these steps to take a screenshot:
- Open the page you want to capture.
- Press the gray circular “AssistiveTouch” icon on the screen
- The page is captured and displayed as a thumbnail at the bottom left of your screen.
- Tap the thumbnail to edit your screenshot with the instant markup tool
- The screenshots are stored and accessible in the iPhone X photo gallery. Tap the “Photos” icon >> “Screenshot”.
Method 2: How to take screenshot on iPhone X with power and volume up buttons
- Launch the page you want to capture on your iPhone X device
- Hold down the power button on the left side and the volume up button on the right side of the phone simultaneously for a second or two.
- Release both buttons at the same time
- You get the familiar sound and shutter sound of taking a snapshot.
- The screenshot image is displayed as a thumbnail at the bottom left of the screen.
- You can edit the image instantly or view and edit it later in the Gallery in the Photos app.
Now you won’t miss the home buttons on Apple’s iPad Pro series and iPhone X when it comes to taking screenshots on any of these devices.
Watch for future editions on how to take a screenshot on future versions of the iPad Pro.